let bygones be bygonesidiom
Definition of let bygones be bygones
: to forgive someone for something done or for a disagreement and to forget about it I know we've had our fights over the years, but I think it's time we let bygones be bygones.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game