Definition of leopard frog
: a common frog (Rana pipiens) of northern North America that is bright green or brown with large black white-margined blotches on the back also : a similar frog (R. sphenocephala) chiefly of the southeastern U.S.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game