Definition of lek
(Entry 1 of 3)
: an assembly area where animals (such as the prairie chicken) carry on display and courtship behavior also : an aggregation of animals assembled on a lek for courtship
Definition of lek (Entry 2 of 3)
Definition of Lek (Entry 3 of 3)
river 40 miles (64 kilometers) long in the Netherlands flowing west into the Atlantic
Note: The Lek is the northern branch of the lower Rhine River.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game