lec·ti·ster·ni·um | \ ˌlektəˈstərnēəm\
plural lectisterniums\ -ēəmz \ or lectisternia\ -ēə \
Definition of lectisternium
: a religious rite of ancient Greece and Rome marked by the placing of images of gods on couches and the spreading of food before them
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?