Definition of leafer
: a person who visits wooded areas in autumn to view the changing colors of the foliage : leaf peeper Hiking trails at the park range from less than a mile to eight miles long, allowing leafers to stretch their legs and get a chance to see the autumn colors up close and on foot.— Kate Coil Experts say leafers willing to spend a bit more on gas should drive the Peak to Peak Highway between Central City and Estes Park, or check out the Brainard Lake area in the Indian Peaks Wilderness west of Boulder.— Alex Burness
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game