Definition of leafer
: a person who visits wooded areas in autumn to view the changing colors of the foliage : leaf peeper Hiking trails at the park range from less than a mile to eight miles long, allowing leafers to stretch their legs and get a chance to see the autumn colors up close and on foot.— Kate Coil Experts say leafers willing to spend a bit more on gas should drive the Peak to Peak Highway between Central City and Estes Park, or check out the Brainard Lake area in the Indian Peaks Wilderness west of Boulder.— Alex Burness
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game