leaf throughphrasal verb
leafed through; leafing through; leafs through
Definition of leaf through
: to turn the pages of (a book, a magazine, etc.) She was leafing through the magazine, looking at the pictures.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game