lay/put a guilt trip onidiom
Definition of lay/put a guilt trip on
: to try to make (someone) feel bad or sorry The speaker laid/put a big guilt trip on us by describing in detail how much waste the average American generates.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game