Definition of law enforcement
: the department of people who enforce laws, investigate crimes, and make arrests : the police She works in law enforcement. Law enforcement officials in the area were alerted of the suspect's escape.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game