laugh all the way to the bankidiom
Definition of laugh all the way to the bank
: to make a lot of money especially by doing something that other people thought was foolish or amusing People thought his invention was ridiculous, but now he's laughing all the way to the bank.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game