Definition of lady crab
1 : a brightly spotted swimming crab (Ovalipes ocellatus) that is very common on the sandy shores of the Atlantic coast of the U.S.
2 : a crab (Portunus puber) of the English coasts that is closely related and similar to the American lady crab
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game