Definition of lady crab
1 : a brightly spotted swimming crab (Ovalipes ocellatus) that is very common on the sandy shores of the Atlantic coast of the U.S.
2 : a crab (Portunus puber) of the English coasts that is closely related and similar to the American lady crab
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game