ku·ku·pa | \ ˈkükəpə\
Definition of kukupa
: kereru Known as kereru in most of the country but as kukupa in the north, wood pigeons were traditionally killed for their meat and feathers, but are now protected. — Sunday Star-Times (Auckland, New Zealand), 22 Apr. 2012
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game