ku·ku·pa | \ ˈkükəpə\
Definition of kukupa
: kereru Known as kereru in most of the country but as kukupa in the north, wood pigeons were traditionally killed for their meat and feathers, but are now protected. — Sunday Star-Times (Auckland, New Zealand), 22 Apr. 2012
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game