knight in shining armornoun phrase
Definition of knight in shining armor
1 : a man who behaves in a very brave way The firefighter who rescued us was our knight in shining armor.
2 : a man who is the perfect romantic partner for a woman She is still waiting for her knight in shining armor.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game