Definition of kit fox
1a : swift fox
b : a fox (Vulpes macrotis) of the southwestern U.S. and Mexico with exceptionally large ears and a black tip on the tail
2 : the fur or pelt of a kit fox
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game