Definition of kick oneself
: to blame or criticize oneself for something one has done You've got to stop kicking yourself. It wasn't your fault that the project failed. He was kicking himself for having forgotten the meeting. He could have kicked himself when he realized that he had forgotten the meeting.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game