Definition of kick oneself
: to blame or criticize oneself for something one has done You've got to stop kicking yourself. It wasn't your fault that the project failed. He was kicking himself for having forgotten the meeting. He could have kicked himself when he realized that he had forgotten the meeting.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game