ker·yl | \ ˈkerə̇l\
Definition of keryl
: a mixture of alkyl radicals that is derived from kerosine specially purified for making sulfonated anionic detergents and that consists chiefly of one or more radicals ranging in size from decyl to tetradecyl or hexadecyl condensation of keryl chloride with benzene yields keryl-benzene
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game