keep tabs onidiom
Definition of keep tabs on
: to carefully watch (someone or something) in order to learn what that person or thing is doing We are keeping tabs on their movements. The magazine keeps tabs on the latest fashion trends.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game