Definition of kangaroo closure
: the restriction of debate to those amendments judged by the presiding officer of a legislative body to be most appropriate the New Zealand House has not had to adopt … the kangaroo closure— Walter Nash — compare guillotine
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game