just someone's luckidiom
Definition of just someone's luck
—used to say that bad or unpleasant things often happen to someone because he or she is unlucky The last ticket was sold a minute before I got there—just my luck.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game