jomonadjective, often capitalized
Definition of jomon
: of, relating to, or typical of a Japanese cultural period from about the fifth or fourth millennium b.c. to about 200 b.c. and characterized by elaborately ornamented hand-formed unglazed pottery
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?