variants: or jewelly \ pronunciation at jewel +ē or i \
Definition of jewely
1 : having or wearing jewels
2 : resembling a jewel : having the brilliance and sparkle of a jewel the jewely star of life had descended too far— Thomas De Quincy
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game