it couldn't/can't hurtidiom
Definition of it couldn't/can't hurt
—used to mean that doing something would not be harmful and might even be helpful "Should I ask her for a job?" "It couldn't/can't hurt (to ask)."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game