it couldn't/can't hurtidiom
Definition of it couldn't/can't hurt
—used to mean that doing something would not be harmful and might even be helpful "Should I ask her for a job?" "It couldn't/can't hurt (to ask)."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?