Definition of isostructural
: relating to or having a similar crystal structure in that the atoms correspond in position and function although there may not be close chemical relationship : isotypic —used of minerals and other crystalline substances calcite and sodium nitrate are isostructural — compare isomorphous
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game