invade someone's spaceidiom
Definition of invade someone's space
: to place oneself too close to someone I felt uncomfortable with her so close, invading my space. also : to be in the space where another person is or wants to be I went to study in the library so I wouldn't invade my roommate's space.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game