Definition of interrupted
- an interrupted stripe
- interrupted service
- an interrupted phone call
- interrupted sleep
- … flowers whorled in interrupted clusters.
- —Charles E. Turner
- \k\ is an interrupted consonant
- … Jeanne's mother had been … schoolmate and good girlfriend to Maria Gostrey, who had moreover enjoyed since then, though interruptedly … , other glimpses of her.
- —Henry James
- "I am much obliged to you for giving me full notice," he said, with a firm intention in his tone, yet with an interruptedness in his delivery which showed that he spoke unwillingly.
- —George Eliot