variants: or inter-party
Definition of interparty
: occurring between or involving two or more parties and especially political parties Democrat Bruce Babbitt and Republican Pete du Pont invented the do-it-yourself presidential debate … as a way of calling attention to their long shot candidacies. It may have been a gimmick, but their interparty face-off produced a vibrancy rarely matched in a campaign season devoid of transcendent issues.— Walter Shapiro
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?