Definition of inquorate
: not having a sufficient number of officers or members present to transact business : lacking a quorum an inquorate assembly … an earlier attempt to vote on the report … failed after the meeting was found to be inquorate.— Tim Beardsley
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?