Examples of indigence in a Sentence
there are various state and federal programs to help relieve indigence
Recent Examples of indigence from the Web
The redemption concerns a feckless pothead (Miles Teller) whose pregnant girlfriend has left him because of his indigence and dissolution.
Payment was a democratic innovation to ensure that poor citizens would not be prevented from civic engagement by indigence.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'indigence.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
First Known Use of indigence
Synonym Discussion of indigence
- the extreme poverty of the slum dwellers
- the indigence of her years as a graduate student
- a catastrophic illness that condemned them to years of penury
- lived in a perpetual state of want
- the widespread destitution in countries beset by famine
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up indigence? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).