in the cold light of dayidiom
Definition of in the cold light of day
: in the day when things can be seen clearly rather than at night The house that had looked so sinister at night seemed much less frightening in the cold light of day. —sometimes used figuratively She forced me to look at myself in the cold light of day, and I didn't like what I saw.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game