in reverse orderidiom
Definition of in reverse order
: from the end to the beginning : so that what is first becomes last and what is last becomes first The movie tells the story of her life in reverse order. Let's have our meal in reverse order—dessert first!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game