in rerum naturaadverb
in re·rum na·tu·ra | \ -ˈrārəmnəˈtu̇rə, -ˈrēr-\
Definition of in rerum natura
: in the nature of things in the world of nature as distinguished from the world of human beings : in the realm of material things they do not signify anything in rerum natura— R. F. McRae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game