in other wordsidiom
Definition of in other words
—used to introduce a statement that repeats what has been said in a different and usually a simpler or more exact way "She said the movie was a bit predictable." "In other words, she didn't like it."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game