Definition of in jeopardy
: in a situation in which someone or something is exposed to possible injury, loss, or evil : in danger He is responsible for placing innocent lives in jeopardy. The wrong decision could place your career in (serious) jeopardy. Adverse public opinion puts this proposal in serious jeopardy.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game