in full cryidiom
Definition of in full cry
1 : full of anger, excitement, etc., especially in reaction to something The school's budget is being cut, and teachers and parents are in full cry.
2 of hunting dogs : in the act of chasing an animal and making noise
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game