Definition of in error
1 : not correct : mistaken I believe your conclusion is in error. The judge was in error when she allowed the evidence to be admitted.
2 : in a way that is not correct My earlier statement was made in error. The evidence was admitted in error.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game