Definition of in attendance
1 : present at an event, meeting, etc. Everyone in attendance voted in favor of the measure. A number of celebrities were in attendance.
2 : caring for or helping someone who is giving birth or getting medical treatment Who was in attendance at the birth? midwives/doctors in attendance
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?