in accordance withidiom
Definition of in accordance with
: in a way that agrees with or follows (something, such as a rule or request) In accordance with your request, I am sending a copy of my book. His funeral will be private, in accordance with his wishes. The soldiers said they acted in accordance with his orders.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game