in a snitidiom
Definition of in a snit
: in a very annoyed and angry state usually because of something minor He left in a snit when they told him he'd have to wait another hour. She got in a snit when she found out he was late.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game