il·va·ite | \ ˈilvəˌīt\
Definition of ilvaite
: a silicate CaFe3Si2O8(OH) of iron and calcium and sometimes manganese related to epidote and occurring in black prismatic crystals and columnar masses (hardness 5.5–6, specific gravity 4.0)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game