ich·thyo·sau·rus | \ -rəs\
Definition of ichthyosaurus
1 capitalized : the type genus of Ichthyosauridae comprising highly variable Jurassic ichthyosaurs and originally including most of the later ichthyosaurs most of which are now placed in other genera
2 plural -es : any reptile of the genus Ichthyosaurus
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game