ich·thy·op·te·ryg·i·um | \ -jēəm\
plural ichthyopterygia\ -jēə \
Definition of ichthyopterygium
: the vertebrate limb when having the form of a fin whether as a definitive organ or in the course of individual or evolutionary development especially : any of the paired fins that are the typical limbs of fishes — compare chiropterygium
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?