hy·pog·e·nous | \ (ˈ)hī¦päjənəs, hə̇ˈp-\
Definition of hypogenous
1 : growing on the lower side (as of a leaf) —used especially of a fungus
2 : hypogenic
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?