variants: or hyper-energetic
Definition of hyperenergetic
: extremely or excessively energetic The set has been decorated in a futuristic, high-tech mode, heavy with music-video overtones, including fake smoke and a bevy of attractive, hyperenergetic dancers, …— Elaine Warren hyperenergetic molecules a hyper-energetic child hyper-energetic music
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game