hy·dro·form·ing | \ -miŋ\
Definition of hydroforming
: a process for producing high-octane gasoline or aromatic hydrocarbons (as toluene, xylenes) by dehydrogenation and aromatization of petroleum naphthas usually containing a high ratio of naphthenes in a stream of added hydrogen and in the presence of a catalyst at elevated temperature
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?