Definition of brainstorming
: a group problem-solving technique that involves the spontaneous contribution of ideas from all members of the group also : the mulling over of ideas by one or more individuals in an attempt to devise or find a solution to a problem — see also brainstorm entry 2
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game