how would you likeidiom
Definition of how would you like
1 —used to express one's feeling that someone has behaved wrongly She left without saying a word to me. How would you like being ignored that way?
2 —used in a sarcastic way to make a threat "You're an idiot!" "How would you like a punch in the nose?!"
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary in April 2019
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 4/19/19
- Aww it's So 'Adorkable'
- 'MacGyver': The Verb
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game