hop·ple | \ ˈhäpəl\
hoppled; hoppled; hoppling\ -p(ə)liŋ \; hopples
Definition of hopple
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of hopple (Entry 2 of 2)
: a fetter used for grazing horses or cattle or a leg harness usually of leather to control the gait of trotting or pacing horses —used chiefly in plural
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?