Definition of homogenized
1 : having its particles uniformly small and evenly distributed : subjected to homogenization homogenized latex specifically : having its fat globules mechanically broken down into uniformly dispersed suspended droplets homogenized milk
2 : uniform in structure or composition : homogenous … tests of reading … typically contain passages that are bland, homogenized, sanitized, and boring.— Diane Ravitch … presents a somewhat simplified and homogenized view of the complex reality that is Latin American politics.— Tony Phillips When it comes to the stuff we own, we're living in an increasingly homogenized world. Same clothes, same cars, same watches, same everything.— Scott Christian
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game