Definition of homogenized
1 : having its particles uniformly small and evenly distributed : subjected to homogenization homogenized latex specifically : having its fat globules mechanically broken down into uniformly dispersed suspended droplets homogenized milk
2 : uniform in structure or composition : homogenous … tests of reading … typically contain passages that are bland, homogenized, sanitized, and boring.— Diane Ravitch … presents a somewhat simplified and homogenized view of the complex reality that is Latin American politics.— Tony Phillips When it comes to the stuff we own, we're living in an increasingly homogenized world. Same clothes, same cars, same watches, same everything.— Scott Christian
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game