Definition of home base
1 : the place in which someone or something lives or operates The company's home base is in New York. (informal) She returned to her home base after a long month of traveling.
2 baseball : the base that a runner must touch in order to score The runner was tagged out at home base.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game