Definition of home base
1 : the place in which someone or something lives or operates The company's home base is in New York. (informal) She returned to her home base after a long month of traveling.
2 baseball : the base that a runner must touch in order to score The runner was tagged out at home base.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game