his/her/my eyes roamidiom
Definition of his/her/my eyes roam
—used to say that a person is looking all around a place or all over something Her eyes roamed the room in search of the cat.My eyes roamed the crowd in search of my friend.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?